I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
I’ve been looking forward to drawing the winner for this weeks GIVEAWAY:
Congratulations, my dear! Contact me with your details and I will get it out to you!
** However, I have another wonderful collection of goodies for you all this week for the GIVEAWAY! I am sharing out some of my own personal stash of herbs/teas that I use in my own repertoire of tonics.
Nettle Leaf (organic, cut & sifted)
I discuss the benefits of this herb along with some recipes in this post: My Favorite Herbal Tonics/ Tea ingredients: Identification and Usage. Check it out! I will be giving away a quart sized container full of this lovely, healing herb.
Matcha Green Tea
Quick facts about Matcha tea
- Only grown in Japan (and some parts of China)
- Used by ancient Japanese to help aid them in meditation and focus
- Has been proven today to help you stay relaxed but alert (thanks to the L-theanine)
- Matcha tea comes from the same plant as black tea and green tea, however the unique growing and processing makes it very different in flavor and health benefits
- Matcha tea is picked and processed by hand to ensure only the best leaves are used for the tea
- The tea leaves are grown under shade for the last stage of their growth cycle which helps bring huge amounts of chlorophyll to the leaves, making them a dark vibrant green (and filled with nutrients)
- The tea is VERY high in anti-oxidants, in fact it has 137 times the amount of antioxidants as regular green tea and by weight it has more antioxidants than many of the “super fruits”
- Matcha is also said to boost metabolism and help reduce cholesterol levels when drank regularly (source)
The beauty of the matcha green tea is that a little goes a LONG way. I will include a small container (which is A LOT) along with information on how to prepare and enjoy.
So, if you have been wanting to try some new teas in your diet – now is a chance to try your hand at winning!
To ENTER: Just leave me a comment below letting me know why you want to try these. Easy – peasy!
** Good luck to ALL and thanks for all your entries and comments! **
I will announce winner on Monday, December 17th!
GIVEAWAY CLOSEDMay the GREENS be with You! and Be Inspired! Kibby