Maca Product Review
I have to admit, I have a superfood crush. Well actually, I have several, but this little cutie is a part of my daily dietary intake for many good reasons. I have tried many Maca’s over the years. The Maca that I have been purchasing and using recently just wasn’t cutting it anymore. I normally use the gelatinized version of Maca because it is easier to digest. The potency, taste and texture had changed. I wasn’t getting the same results that I used to. So, that sent me on a search for a new Maca product. I was looking for QUALITY, reasonaby priced, organic, sustainably farmed and 100% GMO free. I found THE MACA TEAM. I contacted the company with some extra questions and I was fortunate to receive some samples of Maca from them. I got a box containing the organic raw red maca and raw black maca. I was excited and a little hesitant. Why was I hesitant? Well, I have a sensitive digestive system and my experience with most raw Maca left me gassy and bloated. Not pretty, right!?
I have tested these two items honestly and proficiently with many recipes to make sure. Guess what? It’s THE ONE! My crush is back for The Maca Team – Maca! They have far surpassed any of the other Maca’s I have used in the past. The smell is not overwhelming. It is quite pleasant and aromatic. The taste is fresh and smooth. The Maca Team – Maca is harvested one time per year – between June and August. They only sell Maca from the current year’s harvest. Because they order in smaller lots, their Maca powder is continually made fresh. The proof is there. OK, so my #1 win for this Maca was the raw version DID NOT upset my stomach. You read it! I tried it so many different ways just to be sure and no discomfort, bloating, gas, pains or the like. Just positive results. Therefore, I just HAD to share this great find with you. Woo Hoo! They have an amazing array of raw and gelatinized products – red, black, and blend in powder and capsules. I am super happy with the red and black raw versions. I will try out the gelatinized version once these are gone.
If you sign up for their email notifications (Exclusive News, Updates, Deals, & More!), you will receive a 10% off coupon for your first order.
Just a few good reasons why you should choose The Maca Team… they were mine:
- 100% Non-GMO
- 100% Organic
- Premium quality
- Excellent customer service and support
- Great price
So what’s all the hype about this ancient Peruvian root? It has been hailed as a superfood for numerous reasons. Well, look at some of the facts:
- Increased energy
- Athletic endurance
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Regulating hormones
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Improves circulation
- Mental clarity and focus
- Clear skin
- Stronger teeth and bones
- Muscle gain
- Over 20 fatty acids
- 20 essential amino acids
- Numerous minerals and vitamins
- Helps with hormonal balance…the list of benefits goes on!
- Maca is rich in quality carbs, which, combined with its alkaloids and other nutrients make it a great choice for sustained energy
- Maca is loaded with bio-available plant protein that is easy for the body to assimilate
- Maca contains relatively high levels of cellulose and lignan, both of which stimulate intestinal function. Fiber is a key component to a healthy digestive and elimination system.
- Maca contains 17 amino acids. These drive many cellular functions in the body including sexual and fertility functions.
- 20 different free fatty acids have been found in Maca. They work to support cellular function. The most abundant fatty acids adding to Maca’s nutritional value are linolenic acid, palmitic acid, oleic acid and steric acid.
- Maca has vitamins: B1 (helps the body convert carbohydrates into energy. Essential for good heart, muscle and nervous system function.) B2 (important for body grown and red blood cell production), C (supports anit-oxidant activity), Niacin (supports healthy circulation)
- Maca has minerals:
- Calcium—maca contains higher levels of calcium than milk. Calcium is crucial in bone development as well as for nerve and circulatory system health.
- Phosphorus—important for the hemostasis of calcium as well as for transmitting electrical stimuli for brain and muscle action.
- Magnesium—essential for the synthesis of protein and for muscle and nerve activity. Crucial for heart health.
- Potassium—works within the cells to help maintain healthy osmosis.
- Sodium—along with potassium can support positive circulation
- Copper—supports enzyme health.
- Zinc—helps in clarity of thought and mental function
- Manganese—supports healthy growth
- Iron—vital component of hemoglobin. Supports health muscle growth.
- Selenium—protects cells against free radicals.
- Boron—supports proper metabolism.
Maca has been a blessing in my diet for several years now. It has been a boon to increasing energy, replenishing my body with nutrients when needed, balancing hormones (it’s an adaptogen that works for men and women alike), helped physical endurance with outdoor work and more. I can tell a difference when I don’t take it. It is therefore my daily comrade.
Disclaimer: I tried samples of this product, provided by the company at no cost to me. Opinions found in this post are mine and were not influenced by The Maca Team. They are honest and true. I was so impressed with the product that I became an affiliate seller. Should you choose to click on a link connecting to The Maca Team site and make a purchase, I would get a referral fee for the sale. Thank you!
How do you incorporate Maca powder into your diet!? I add it to my morning smoothies, oatmeal, soups, dips, homemade dressings, etc. Check out my Happy Hormone Tonic, Vegan Chocolate Superfood Protein Smoothie, and Tonic Superfood Smoothie.
Try out this creamy, healthy tonic milk below. This milk is made with organic raw Red Maca and Lucuma powder – both of which are potent Peruvian foods that are full of nutrients and fuel the body on a cellular level.
Lucuma Powder is made from whole Peruvian lucuma fruit that has been dried at low temperatures and milled into a fine powder. This low-glycemic sweetener contains many nutrients including beta-carotene, iron, zinc, vitamin B3, calcium and protein. Yellow lucuma powder has a unique, maple-like taste that’s a delight in a variety of recipes. The lucuma fruit is naturally sweet, but low on the Glycemic Index, making it a healthy choice for individuals seeking to decrease their sugar consumption.
Almond Lucuma Maca Tonic Milk
3 cups homemade almond milk (quick version – 3 cups water + 3 TB. raw almond butter – blend)
2 TB. raw lucuma powder
1 TB. raw Red Maca (or any of THE MACA TEAM products)
2 medjool dates – pitted (soaked if using a standard blender) or sweetener of choice – raw honey, liquid stevia are also nice
Add all ingredients to a blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend till smooth and creamy – 30 seconds or so. Tweak flavors to liking. Pour into a large mason jar or glass bottle with flip top lid. Will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
♥ If you are interested in being FIRST to know about special recipes, new posts, Inspirational quotes, giveaways and more – Please sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address BELOW! Or Click HERE.
♥ Available to subscribers only!!
Got a Gmail Account? Move emails from promotions to primary.
Never miss my newsletter again by taking these two quick steps:
1. Drag this email from the Promotions Tab to the Primary Tab.
2. A yellow box will appear at the top of your email homepage asking if you want to do this for all future messages from firstname.lastname@example.org. Select Yes and you are all set! Thanks!
May the GREENS be with You! and Be Inspired! Kibby