Tropical Detox GREEN Smoothie
I love starting my mornings off with a HUGE Green smoothie. This one has been a favorite of ours lately. With all the lovely sweet mangoes in season along with pineapples, it’s just a winner! I love pairing the tropical taste of the fruits with the healing and detoxifying properties of zesty cilantro. Cilantro is most often cited as being effective for toxic metal cleansing and rightfully so, this herb is a powerful, natural cleansing agent. The chemical compounds in cilantro bind to toxic metals and loosen them from the tissue. Many people suffering from mercury exposure report a reduction in the often-cited feeling of disorientation after consuming large and regular amounts of cilantro over an extended period.
Cardamon is a lovely aromatic spice. In terms of Ayurveda, cardamom increases Pitta dosha and decreases Vata and Kapha. It is a heart tonic and an expectorant for respiratory diseases. While it is called for in a wide range of conditions, owing to its carminative properties, one of its most common uses is for digestive health, including the relief of indigestion and flatulence.
This smoothie is packed with Alkaline rich greens, powerhouse superfoods, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, essentials fatty acids, protein and more! ALL easily digestible and assimilable. Tastes like a tropical paradise. Now THAT’S how to start off your day right!
- 2 3/4 cup fresh water
- 3 LARGE cups of organic Kale (or your choice of greens - organic spinach is nice)
- 1 large handful of cilantro
- 2 bananas
- 1 mango
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 2 TB. chia seeds
- 1 knob of fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp. cardamon powder
- several drops of NuNaturals liquid stevia (to taste) - optional
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend till smooth and creamy. Pour into large cups and top with toppings of choice ( I used raw cacao nibs, fresh/local bee pollen and mulberry/goji berry mix). So satisfying and filling.
- May the GREENS be with You and Be Inspired!
- Feel free to substitute kiwi or apple for the pineapple. Make it your own!
Let me know what you think of this smoothie!May the GREENS be with You! and Be Inspired! Kibby