Written by Tim Ribonee | 0 Comments | Last Updated: July 18, 2017
The Zanussi ZAN3002EL Compact bagged cylinder vacuum is a straightforward, easy to use model that has received excellent reviews from buyers. While it’s a bagged vacuum, it has a number of convenience features such as a cord rewind button and compact size. It’s also one of the cheaper cylinder vacuums on the market – at least compared to others with similar features and power.
But how does it perform on carpets – a task which cheap cylinder vacuums can sometimes struggle with? What are some of the most common complaints from buyers? And does it have the suction power to rival more expensive cylinder vacuums? That’s what we’re aiming to find out in this review.
Overview of Zanussi ZAN3002EL Features
- As you’d expect from a small vacuum, the Zanussi ZAN3002EL is compact in all dimensions, with a width of just 33cm (28cm depth and 22cm height), making it perfect for storing in small spaces.
- The vacuum has a five metre power cord and rewind function.
- The Eco Force motor means the Zanussi ZAN3002EL has the suction power of a 1800W vacuum – but only uses 1400W.
- It also comes with several tools, including a two in one dusting and crevice brush.
In-depth Look at the Zanussi 3002EL Compact Cylinder Vacuum
You might be tempted to dismiss the Zanussi 3002EL Compact as being “too cheap” to be a high-quality cylinder vacuum – at least until you read the positive reviews from buyers. But that might be a mistake, considering it is one of the top rated of any cylinder vacuum on shopping sites. So, with that in mind, let’s dig in and find out what makes it a special vacuum.
Appearance and Design
There’s nothing outstanding about the design of the Zanussi 3002EL, but it looks sleek and stylish nonetheless. Fortunately, it also doesn’t have a cheap or budge appearance.
The great thing about the design is its compact size. As we mentioned in the feature list, the body is only 22cm in height, 28cm in depth an 33cm in width. That means it can easily fit into a cupboard, or just be placed next a shoe rack.
The Zanussi 3002EL compact is a cylinder vacuum with a 1400W motor, so you’d expect it to be relatively powerful – especially as Zanussi claims their technology allows the motor to squeeze more performance from less power. This turns out to be a correct assumption: the vacuum provides excellent suction power for its size, and has an A rating for dust pick-up on hard floors.
It doesn’t match this performance on carpets, with a C rating for dust pick-up. This is to be expected from a cylinder vacuum, however, and the suction power should be enough for all but the most ground-in dirt.
Ease of Use
Cylinder vacuums are great for cleaning difficult-to-reach places, including underneath furniture and on sofas, as you don’t need to move the entire body. The Zanussi 3002EL is no exception – and the compact size makes it easy to move around.
Here are some other usability features of the 3002EL:
- Lightweight design weighing only 3.2kg means you won’t get tired even during long cleaning sessions.
- Several tools to more effectively cleaning difficult to reach areas.
- Two-in-one dusting brush and crevice nozzle to reduce the chance of losing one (or both!).
- Compact design (see above for measurements) that’s easy to move and store.
There is some confusion about the dust capacity of the Zanussi 3002EL. The official listings state that it has a one litre capacity, while the manufacturer’s description claims it has a two litre capacity. Either way, the capacity is relatively small, so be prepared to empty it regularly.
The Zanussi 3002EL Compact vacuum cleaner doesn’t come with a HEPA filter. This is something to keep in mind if you suffer from hay fever, dust allergies or asthma.
It does, however, have a filtration system that is designed to capture and remove allergens, dust mites and dust. This helps reduce the chance of allergic reactions, according to Zanussi, but isn’t likely to be close to the effectiveness of a HEPA filter.
The low price is one of the major sellings points of the Zanussi 3002EL Comptact Power cylinder vacuum. While it doesn’t have the features or suction power of more expensive models, it’s often sold for a fraction of the cost. In our opinion, it’s difficult to beat this model in terms of value for money.
The 3002EL comes with several tools, including a combination crevice nozzle/brush, floor nozzle and extension tubes. The extension tools can be used for cleaning tricky areas such as ceiling corners, while the nozzles makes cleaning sofas or curtains much easier.
As you’d expect, the Zanussi only comes with relatively basic accessories – you don’t get any advanced tools with the vacuum. For most tasks, however, these accessories should be sufficient.
- The Zanussi 3002EL is a bagged vacuum cleaner. While individual bags don’t cost a huge amount of money, it’s important to know how much they will add to the overall cost of the machine.
- The cord is five metres long, and can be quickly stored with the rewind function.
Zanussi ZAN3002EL Compact Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
As we mentioned earlier, the Zanussi ZAN3002EL Compact is highly rated by buyers, with hundreds of positive ratings on shopping sites. This is impressive for any vacuum cleaner – but especially for one with such a low price. Here’s a selection of positive comments:
- A reviewer describes the Zanussi ZAN3002EL as having “awesome sucking power,” and also mentions that it works effectively on carpet.
- Other reviewers praise the lightweight and compact design, and are surprised at how this doesn’t seem to have compromised suction power.
- A reviewer writes that the vacuum is “amazing” and does a brilliant job in his home, even though he owns three pets.
- A reviewer writes that he has only ever owned uprights in the past, as he believes they are easier to use in large homes. Despite this, he loves the Zanussi ZAN3002EL Compact and says that it’s “very light and great for getting in and around furniture.”
And now some negative comments:
- The excellent suction power can be a downside for people without the strength to cope with the extra resistance. A reviewer writes that his elderly mum found it difficult to push along carpet – but admits that it is an “amazing” vacuum for the size.
- The small bag size is one of the most common complaints. We expected this, as the dust capacity is much smaller than competing models.
- One reviewer mentions that the handle of the vacuum isn’t the same as the one shown in the picture. While this shouldn’t make a difference to the comfort or performance, we thought it was worth pointing out.
We often recommend spending at least AUD100 to get a high-quality vacuum cleaner, but the Zanussi 3002EL Compact is one of the few exceptions. While it isn’t going to match the best cylinder vacuums in terms of versatility, dust capacity, tools and performance, it does an admirable job and provides excellent suction power considering the low price. If you’re looking for a cheap cylinder vacuum, this could be one of the best options. Click here for the vacuum’s price.